Students interested in decision-making and policy on current issues such as:
- accessibility in cities
- designing effectively at a regional level
- deciding for whom to build houses
- improving deprived neighbourhoods
- conserving nature
This minor is set up as a dual-language programme, which means that Dutch language students can decide to take some of the tutorials in Dutch and are allowed to write in Dutch. However, it is possible that if too few Dutch language students register for courses the Dutch language tutorials are canceled and all teaching is in English.
Restricted-choice electives: Thematic Urban Planning electives:1—618
Migration & Population Dynamics1—212
Urban planning: Contesting the city1—212
Spatial Implications of Environmental Change4—512
Urban planning: Building the city4—512
Urban planning: Moving the city4—512
Related Master's programmes
This minor may serve as a good preparation for academic Bachelor’s students who want to apply for admission to the Master's programmes in Urban and Regional Planning or Urban Geography (Human Geography) and the Research Master's programme in Urban Studies. Always check the entry requirements of the Master’s programme you are interested in.
- Candidates are required to have completed at least the first year of an academic bachelor, or the first two years of an HBO bachelor successfully.
- Students can register for the minor by completing the webform in the Course Catalogue.
- Students from other universities must first enrol as a minor student of the UvA on http://www.studielink.nl.