Step by step
- Step 1: The faculty/research institute submits your application for staff housing.
- Step 2: You will receive our ‘Welcome to Staff Housing’ email.
- Step 3: 3 months prior to your arrival, we ask you to complete an additional registration form about your personal information and preferences. Staff Housing will now start searching for you.
- Step 4: Staff Housing presents you a housing offer of the best available option for accommodation in Amsterdam.
- Step 5: Pay the UvA Staff Housing fee to officially accept the offered accommodation
- Step 6: Your details will be forwarded to the housing company owning your accommodation
- Step 7: The housing company will contact you about the tenancy registration + payment of rent and contract costs.
You are ready to collect the keys and move in.
How do we select your future accommodation?
UvA Staff Housing mediates between international staff and social and private sector housing organisations, preferring social housing for individuals with a (relatively) low income.
We consider your commute, budget, household composition and the duration of your stay when choosing an accommodation for you.
Please note: We are bound by the limited availability of the staff housing accommodations. It may not be possible to meet specific housing preferences. This also means that we can usually only provide a single housing offer for each applicant.